What will we be cooking for the big day, you ask? Here is the full menu!
From My Kitchen
- Cider Glazed Turkey with Lager Gravy – recipe from Michael Symon, featured in the November 2011 Food and Wine
- Mashed Potatoes – classic with plenty of butter and cream!
- Fresh Cranberry Sauce – spiked with brown sugar, cinnamon, orange peel, and red wine
- Wayfare Tavern Popovers – last minute switch from Honey Buttermilk Rolls, when my dear sister @Stacyateit shared the recipe from Tyler Florence’s cookbook
- Arugula Salad with Toasted Almonds
- Classic Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Cider Cream Pie – I saw this recipe in the November 2011 Food and Wine and couldn’t wait to try it! We are bringing this pie to a friend’s house for dessert on Thursday night (that’s you, Matt and Jill!)
From Our Lovely Guests
- Cornbread, Apple and Sausage Stuffing
- Green Bean Casserole
- Mulled Red Wine - inspired by autumn tastings at Veramar Vineyards
- Old Fashioned Cocktails with Figgy Orange Bitters - also found in Food and Wine. We had a little hiccup with the recipe, but @BTParsons was kind enough to share his expertise to help us out!
I’ll report back with pictures of the highlights! What goodies are you making for the big day? What are you thankful for?